What are you looking for?
Learn To Format Your Essay
Picking Up Effective Opinion Essay Topics About Gambling
You don’t like writing essays, but this does not mean that they are not useful. Through writing you can develop your imagination and learn how to play with words. Sometimes, the topics are delicate and you also need to know how to express your opinion without hurting anyone else. Gambling, for example, is not an easy subject and you can offend someone without realizing. If you don’t know what topic you could choose, take a look at these ideas:
- The beginning of gambling. This is not something that started a few years back. Many historical evidences show that people were gambling thousands of years ago, even if the games and the prize was different. It was considered that only aristocrats could do it, and that it showed their political and social power.
- Why people love to gamble? You can write a very interesting composition on this topic, but you will have to gather opinions from different people. It is not enough to discuss with some strangers on the internet. You will have to go outside and try to talk with people who do this on a daily basis. Try to find out what they feel, if they do it for the fun or for the prize and so on.
- Negative effects of gambling. We can not deny that this innocent behavior can have many catastrophic consequences. There are many people who lose their homes and their jobs because of this. If you know someone who has this kind of problems, you can show him how to get help online. Many psychologists offer free counseling on the Internet, and this can be very helpful.
- Laws regarding gambling in different countries. In the western countries, everyone is free to do whatever they want, including this. The government can only control the places where people play, to make sure that there is no stealing or cheating. On the other hand, there are countries where a simple game can put you in jail for a few years.
- The Russian Roulette. One of the most strange and popular games in Russia, it took the life of many people. It was played especially among mafia members and criminals, and whoever refused to play was considered a coward. Nowadays, this game disappeared, but it would be very interesting for your colleagues to find out what are the rules.