What are you looking for?
Learn To Format Your Essay
A List Of 5th Grade Expository Essay Topics In Literature
An expository essay generally refers to a kind of writing where you present a clear picture of a topic given to you by describing or stating it in a logical way. This is a type of writing which heavily deals with the cause - effect relationship in order to make the reader understand what you are trying to prove through your writing. Often students are given to write expository topics on literature. This is basically to make the reader clear about what the author wanted to prove through the particular piece of writing he/she wrote. This is a kind of thesis statement where you are about to disclose the author’s purpose behind the writing through the logical transition of facts and events. You have to assume that the reader has already read the book, and your intention is to write something unique.
In order to write an expository essay topic in literature, you need to follow certain guidelines:
- Write a proper introduction where you give hints to your reader what you are supposed to tell them through the writing. Include the name of the author and the title of the story in your introduction. Summarize the entire content of the prose or novel in a short paragraph, bringing out the main theme of the story.
- While you are writing the body, you should begin by including a word or certain phrase that can easily catch the attention of your reader. Here you should aim to explain your writing through a number of subheadings. Include references from the text that will help you support your statement. You can use quotes used in particular events by a character and discuss it’s importance in the light of the entire text. You should be able to use analytical sentences to explain the importance of the quotes or the events.
- In the final part of the essay, conclude by summarizing the main point of the writing and how the particular text in question is relevant to the present world.
List of the topics
Here we list a number of topics from the 5th grade for composing an expository piece of article:
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- James and the Giant Peach
- Anne Frank: Diary of a young girl
- Island of the Blue Dolphins
- Little Women
- Through the Looking-Glass
- The Road to Oz: The Deadly Desert.
These are some of the literature topics upon which an expository piece of writing can be composed.