What are you looking for?
Learn To Format Your Essay
A Comprehensive Manual On Narrative Essay Writing
Narrative essays are a fun type of assignment provided at various stages of schools. Before you start writing, learn the art of writing. Usually such compositions do not require any research work or evidences as the story is the personal one. They are provided to test the mode of expression of students.
Check out the writing manual-
- The story should fit into the prompt: Sometimes the story seems crazy but you have to fit into the prompt well.
- Keep your essay concise: Reveal vibrant details. Limit the characters, setting and plot based on the word count or length of your essay. Usually bad narrative articles are too lengthy. Introduce only those characters that are relevant in the context.
- Weave your imagination: Give specific details, use particular images and language to make story lively. Stick to the truth and write a non- fiction story.
- Outline: Prepare the plot from beginning to end. You do not need to be formal while writing such compositions. List the major scenes and find a good start.
- Stay consistent: Write in ‘first person’. Do not switch your perspectives otherwise it will create complications. Write in past tense.
- Discuss the significant character: Write a brief sketch with few essential details of important characters.
- Describe the antagonist as well as the protagonist: Protagonist is the most attractive character and is the primary one who keeps struggling throughout the story against some situation, condition or force. The antagonist on the other hand is just the opposite of protagonist and stops him from achieving his goal.
- Discuss the setting: The location can be a home, city, country, garden or another place. Give vivid details of the location. Your way of writing should be not in the form of words out in the form of lively images.
- Ensure that your theme is well illustrated in the story. Introduce the theme in the beginning of the story.
- Narrate all the scenes in a picturesque manner. Slow down and cite specific details. Talk about the duration of time between 2 scenes.
- Write the dialogues in quotations: Format the dialogue properly. Introduce a new paragraph every time a new character speaks.
- Revise: Revise your writing for clarity, sentence structure, grammar, main points, spellings, punctuations etc.
Furthermore, stay to the point. Divide your writing into smaller paragraphs. It should have an introduction, body and a conclusion part. If you can’t have a good grip in the beginning, you can do that while drafting and revision.
Homework help websites
Need help with your homework? Hire Do my homework 123 - professional homework helpers website.
Great do my homework resource - "Homework - to do or not to do."